Subject: Re: OpenGL problems
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:00:38 -0700

Walt K Michlauk wrote:

> gcc -o glxsimple glxsimple -I/usr/X11R6/include -Lw32api -lopengl -LX11R6

You need to be more careful with your command line switches.  "-L"
specifies a directory for the linker to search in, so "-Lw32api" and
"-LX11R6" are both meaningless.  You use "-L" to specify a path and "-l"
to specify the name of the library.  Case matters.

Try the following instead:

gcc glxsimple.c -o glxsimple -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL
-lX11

(You must have the xorg-x11-devel package installed for this to work.)

Furthermore, for questions regarding anything X11-related, the proper
list is cygwin-xfree <at> cygwin <dot> com.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/