Subject: Re: apache 1.3.33-1 - rebase problem still existing (2)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:08:48 -0700

Rainer Kirsch wrote:

> [Wed Apr 20 11:24:32 2005] [error] (10)No child processes: fork: Unable to
> fork new process
> C:\z_cygwin\usr\sbin\httpd.exe (1664): *** unable to remap
> C:\z_cygwin\lib\apache\mod_vhost_alias.dll to same address as
> parent(0x3F0000) != 0x6E0000

Okay, are you sure that the mod_*.dll files are being included in the
rebase?  You can do "rebaseall -v" to view the files are they're
processed.

I use the following script for debugging this:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

foreach my $fn (@ARGV) {
  if (-f $fn) {
    if( `/usr/bin/objdump -p $fn` =~ /ImageBase\s+([0-9a-fA-F]{8})/ ) {
      print "$fn: $1\n";
    }
  }
}

Name that 'imagebase' and put it in your path somewhere.  Then you can
type "imagebase /usr/lib/apache/mod*.dll".  Do the modules all have the
base address 0x1000000 (meaning they weren't rebased) or do they have
addresses in the 0x6...0000 range?  The fact that the DLLs are loading
that low in memory (0x3F0000) implies to me that they were not in fact
rebased.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/