Subject: zsh 4.3.0 dev 1 with cygwin1.dll 1.5.15
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:17:57 -0700

I have had no success running zsh 4.3.0 dev 1 on the last two releases of 
cygwin1.dll, 

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 host 1.5.14(0.126/4/2) 2005-04-01 13:40 i686 
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 host 1.5.15(0.127/4/2) 2005-04-18 12:20 i686

The builds of zsh proceed with no undue problems, but test A05 fails.  The 
following is the message from running the cvs version of 4.3.0 dev 1 (pulled 
about 10h00 PDT, GMT +0700, 19 apr 2005) against cygwin1.dll 
1.5.15(0.127/4/2):

./A05execution.ztst: starting.
Test ./A05execution.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
  path=($ZTST_testdir/command.tmp/dir1
        $ZTST_testdir/command.tmp/dir2
        .)
  tstcmd
  path=($storepath)
Error output:
      6 [main] zsh 2052 fork_parent: child 3084 died waiting for longjmp 
before initialization
(eval):4: fork failed: interrupt
Was testing: path (1)
./A05execution.ztst: test failed.
 249108 [main] zsh 2052 fork_parent: child 3640 died waiting for longjmp 
before initialization
ZTST_cleanup:2: fork failed: no such file or directory

When I try to run this build of zsh, every call to a non-builtin resource 
results in a fork failure.  Is there some user configurable resource that 
might fix this problem?  I thought that might be the easiest solution since 
the 1.5.13 release of cygwin1.dll did not result in such problems and I've 
made no known changes to my system configuration since that release.  
Otherwise, I'd be glad to help debug.  My platform is WinXP/SP2, cygwin.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/