Subject: Re: cygwin on Mac: files in Virtual PC "shared folder"
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 05:40:01 -0700

Ashley Ward wrote:

> I was a bit confused about it, though -- can such a setup *link* a
> final binary as well as compile?  Presumably then all the necessary
> libraries from each platform need to be available on the build
> platform?

You can link the final binary as long as you have import libraries.  As
far as I know, you don't need the actual libraries themselves since
you're not running the binary.  So for example, just install
winsup/w32api/lib*.a (or /usr/lib/w32api/lib*.a from an installed
Cygwin) into your cross compiler's library search path and the link
should work, assuming everything is setup right.  (You of course also
need a working set of headers too.)

If you check the Cygwin/X web site there's a nice guide on how to build
a cross toolchain for the purposes of building the XWin server (which
works equally well for general cygwin cross compiling.)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/