Subject: Re: apache2 - not running (ontop winXP SP2)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:59:05 -0700

Rainer Kirsch wrote:

> Since cygwin 1.5.13 apache (which is available via setup) is not running
> on my winXP SP2 computer.

You're going to have to be a lot more specific than "is not running." 
Such as...

... how you're trying to run it (as a service is the preferred way)
... how you installed the service
... the settings in httpd.conf, especially the "User" and "Group"
settings (which should probably be 'Guest' and <commented out>,
respectively)
... what happens when you try to run it
... any messages in /var/log/apache.log and/or /var/log/apache/error_log
and/or the windows event log
... the ownership and permissions on the various log, pid, and config
files (this is typically the reason the service won't start)

> I would need the program urgently as a development base.

I don't mean to sound harsh but your urgency is irrelevent.  It's
generally considered bad etiquette to ask such a thing from a project
that is offered for free and is supported by volunteers in their spare
time.

> I also compiled apache httpd 2.0.53.

You're on your own with that.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/