Subject: Re: Installing Courier-Imap
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:28:02 -0700

Kees Vonk wrote:

Okay, the .la is just the libtool version of an .a file.  That's all
fine and good.

> gcc -I./.. -I.. -Wall -g -O2    makedatprog.c   -o makedatprog

This is your problem.  make is invoking an implicit rule for
makedatprog, rather than the one specified by the Makefile which
contains all the required libs.  This happens when the Makefile doesn't
use $(EXEEXT) for names of executables.  It doesn't matter under linux
because binares have no extensions but it's required for Cygwin.  You
probably need to change Makefile.am to

EXTRA_PROGRAMS=makedatprog$(EXEEXT)

...and then autoreconf to regenerate all the files.  There may be other
cases where a binary name is referenced without $(EXEEXT) that you will
have to correct.  You should take this up on the courier list though.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/