Subject: Re: ctime updated unexpectedly
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:15:21 +0100

> OK, thanks for the advice. Do you know if there is any way I can get the 

> information I was expecting. If not, I'll have to make some major 
changes 
> to some complicated shell scripts :(

Sorry, I don't know of any way with POSIX semantics to track when just
file metadata has changed.  There are several utilities such as cmp,
md5sum, diff, etc. that can tell you if files have the same contents.  You
might try asking on a Unix users newsgroup, since it is not just cygwin
that has the property of file modifications touching both ctime and mtime.

Fair enough. The changes weren't actually as bad as I expected. Thanks 
again for your advice.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/