Subject: Re: Updated: OpenSSH-4.0p1-1
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:10:43 +0300

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:57:34 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> I've just updated the version of OpenSSH to 4.0p1-1.
> This is an official new release, based on the vanilla sources.

I've been bitten by a bug in this release when using scp with port
forwarding (see: http://bugzilla.mindrot.org/show_bug.cgi?id=996 ).

While trying to find the bug I had to compile `ssh'. The compilation
required the installation of the minires-devel package, as documented
in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README, but I still had unresolved
externals. Only after I changed the Makefile and added -lminires to
the LIBS line did it work. I think that this should be added to the
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README too.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 GnuPG: 98EA398D <http://www.keyserver.net/>    Better Safe Than Sorry

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/