Subject: GTK+, CYGWIN, MSW and GCC flagas
From: "Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:09:04 -0400

Before going any further, I would like to thank everyone involved in helping 
me find I solution to this problem, your help has been most valuable, 
specially yours Stefan; your help has been most welcomed.
I did check "Tor's" web page righ after reading your message; there I found 
out that one can compile a gtk program under cygwin that will be able to run 
on MSW machines just by using the '-mno-cygwin' flag.
I have not tested this flag and cannot make any assestment as to the 
certenty of Tor's statement for two reasons. I don't know how to use this 
falg and I don't want to spent the time finding out how it works knowing 
that the result could be unsatisfactory. Thus I have decided to post the 
folowing question to the group in the hope that someone might have had a 
previous encounter with this problem and be in a better possition to make a 
recomendation on this issue.

Before Thanks to everyone envolved in

>From: Stefan Kost <[email-masked]>
>To: Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir <[email-masked]>
>CC: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: GTK+, CYGWIN & MSW
>Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:51:34 +0200
>
>Hi Jamiil,
>
>that is normal when using Cygwin. If you want a native version use MingW 
>together with the gtk+ builds e.g. Tor offers.
>
>Stefan
>
>>I have finally got an application to compile under cygwin, but to run it I 
>>have to launch the X server, 'startx' to be able to run the program under 
>>cygwin. However, I am not able to run the program form windows, I have 
>>added the 'cygwin.dll' and 'cygX11-6.dll' directories to the 
>>'autoexec.bat' '%path%'. the program just does not run. What can I do to 
>>get this fixed?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>_________________________________________________________________
>>MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling 
>>get-togethers. 
>>http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines 
>>  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the 
>>first two months FREE*.
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>gtk-app-devel-list mailing list
>>[email-masked]
>>http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-app-devel-list
>

_________________________________________________________________
Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® 
SmartScreen Technology. 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines 
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the 
first two months FREE*.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/