Subject: Re: Problem running xgettext after compiling gettext 0.14.1 with gcc 3.3.3
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: "'Cygwin List'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:47:07 -0700

Peter Rehley wrote:

> "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on
> OK to terminate the application."

My money is on this:
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg01101.html>.  Newer gccs
try to put const data in .rdata section, but this fails if one of those
"const" datums is actually a pointer that needs runtime fixup by windows
loader.  The best solution at the moment seems to be to hunt down and
remove instances of const data structures that contain pointers and
remove the const keyword.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/