Subject: Re: I cannot change cygdrive prefix (yes, checked docs, faq and archives)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:32:55 -0700

ChrisW wrote:

> Nothing I can change the cygdrive prefix.  I recall
> being able to do it before.

You're getting confused because you can set the cygdrive prefix both
system-wide and per-user, and the latter takes precedent.

> c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
> y: on /cygdrive/y type user (binmode,noumount)

^^^ note "user"

> /> mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix /

^^^ note "-s" meaning change the system-wide mount

So, you're changing the system-wide cygdrive prefix but since you have a
user-defined cygdrive prefix it is taking precedent.  I believe this was
a recent change which is why you are seeing it now.

If you want to get rid of the user cygdrive, do "umount -uc" and then
set the desired cygdrive prefix system-wide with "mount -sc /".

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/