Subject: Re: Shared id
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:32:56 -0700

Elin Aronsen wrote:

> I am trying to get away my mounts in the gegistry on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> etc. as I was told the version of cygwin I am running should not have
> them. From cygwin.bat I type umount -S
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\Program
> Options\  with no result. Also I tried
> the same enclosed in brackets umount -S
> <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\Program
> Options\> Now, the answer is no such directory
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE.... Do you know what I can do ?

I don't really think you understand what you're asking at all.  The
mounts in the above registry keys are NORMAL and you DO NOT want to
remove them or else your system will break.  If you're asking about how
to switch your mounts from SYSTEM to USER mounts then just rerun setup
and choose "just me" instead of "all users."  In your other email you
mentioned some *other* keys which showed mounts from an ancient version
of Cygwin.  Those can be removed, but they are not hurting anything by
being there as current Cygwin versions will ignore them, and it's clear
you're not quite sure what you're doing so it's best not to mess with
the registry directly.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/