Subject: Re: XEmacs+aspell failed on cygwin 1.5.14-1
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:06:35 -0700

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:52:45AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> >> The 2005-04-05 snapshot may fix this problem.  It is being generated now.
> >
> >I just replaced /bin/cygwin1.dll (~1.2M) with the snapshot (more than 8M?).
> 
> The DLL is reported as 1,944 Kb on the web page.

The size of the .DLL is 8.4M after un-bzip2-ing.  However, that's
because the snapshot DLLs contain debugging information, which is
stripped from the release versions.  That extra symbol info shouldn't
affect memory use though because it's not loaded into memory (afaik).

> > cygcheck says the snapshot is 1.5.13-1.
>
> Um, no.  cygcheck should say 1.5.15-1 if you are using the snapshot.

Yes, "cygcheck -s" should find version 1.5.15 since it searches for DLLs
and checks their versions.  However if he ran "cygcheck -c" it might say
1.5.13 if that was the last version of the Cygwin package which he
installed with setup, since "-c" only looks at the package database
info.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/