Subject: Re: problem debugging application that calls getservbyname()
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 05:50:11 -0700

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
> > 0x7801b8a8 in RpcRaiseException () from /winxp/system32/rpcrt4.dll
> > (gdb) c
> > Continuing.
> 
> Hmm, http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJFFM

Thanks for the confirmation that it was a local problem.  I did more
testing and found out the cause.

For the sake of the archives: I had the Windows 'DNS Client' service
stopped and disabled because I run a local bind9 resolver, and it always
seemed wasteful to have Windows' resolver running at the same time. 
This has worked flawlessly for years without any signs of a problem
until now, when trying to debug a program with get*byname() functions. 
Oh well...

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/