Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.14-1
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:35:52 -0800

beau wrote:

> 1.) I've still got setup.exe from when I downloaded and installed last
> week; do I need to get setup.exe again, or can I just run the one I've
> got;

setup.exe doesn't change that often; you can use the one you have.

> 2.) Are these changes recommended for the non-power user (say, for
> instance, me?)  Or is this more for the hard-core, up-to-the-minute
> power users?

I think the general advice is to always use the most current released
version of the DLL, so yes it's probably a good idea to upgrade to
1.5.14.  If you experience a problem you can always go back to .13 --
but be sure to write to the list with a detailed bug report if you do
find something that breaks in the current version that worked in
previous ones.  Otherwise it will not be fixed.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/