Subject: Re: 1.5.13-1 gtk-query-immodules-2.0.exe - Unable to locate DLL
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:49:19 -0800

Danny Ng wrote:

> I recently downloaded the latest version of Cygwin and installed onto
> my computer. On 99% completion I received an error. I'm not sure
> whether this is affecting the gcc compiler or not. Whenever I try
> compiling my program, it gives me this error.

Note: It would be a lot easier to help you if you followed the
instructions at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> and attached the
output of cygcheck.

The first error means you're missing cygX11-6.dll, which should be in
\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin.  It is part of the package "xorg-x11-bin-dlls"
which should have been selected automatically by setup.exe when you
selected the "gtk2-x11" package.  Run setup and make sure you have that
package.

> $ gcc -Wall -ansi -pedantic BMI.c -o BMI
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
> find -luser32
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This error would indicate that you are missing the "w32api" package
which should have been selected automatically by setup.exe when you
selected any of the gcc packages.  Run setup and make sure you have that
package.

Make sure that you're not inadvertantly deselecting necessary packages
when using setup.exe.  When you select something in setup, it should
also select all of the dependent packages that are required.  But if you
override those selections things will break.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/