Subject: Re: Program launched under rxvt asks for user input in original prompt
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:54:55 -0800

Mikael wrote:

> Thanks Brian, I guess I'll just launch these programs from an ordinary
> command line shell then.
> As for building the client-only side of MySQL for Cygwin, that still doesn't
> work ootb because term.c in the mysql source insists on including both
> termcap.h and (n?)curses.h, and, as you know, those are mutually exclusive
> (at least on cygwin). When I have the mysql client successfully running
> under cygwin I will celebrate.

Eh?  If you search the list archives, Gerrit P. Haase has had build
instructions for the 4.x client binaries for at least a year.  I think
he even has them packaged at a URL you can point setup.exe to.  I can't
seem to access his site anfaenger.de at the moment though.

I just tried building the client binaries from 5.0.3 and it compiled
cleanly out of the box.  It died trying to build one of the files in the
'tests' dir but it built a working libmysql and client binaries.  I used
"./configure -C
--without-{server,docs,man,bench,readline,debug,extra-tools}
--with-openssl && make".

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/