Subject: Re: 1.5.13: vim suspend/resume term garbaged
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:27:05 -0800

Cory Sharp wrote:

> I just updated my Cygwin to 1.5.13 and now in vim when I suspend
> (CTRL-Z or :suspend) then resume (fg), my term is corrupted such that
> term control sequences (cursor movement, redraw screen, etc) produce
> only garbage output.  This is the case in both a WinXP console and
> rxvt, both bash and zsh, and both my original and a clean environment.
>  Invoking a subshell from vim (:!bash or :!zsh) then exiting the
> subshell to resume vim does not exhibit this problem.
> 
> I did not have this problem with Cygwin 1.5.12 that I installed on 4
> Dec 2004.  I'm not really sure about how or where to go about
> debugging or resolving this issue.  Any help is appreciated.

This has already been reported about three weeks ago and fixed in
snapshots. 
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2005-03/msg00349.html>.  1.5.14
seems likely to be due in the near future and would obviously include
the fix.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/