Subject: Re: fscanf "%lf" misses the "-" sign in "-5.0e+00" on cygwin 1.5.13-1
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:52:58 -0800

Isselmou dellahy wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using cygwin 1.5.13-1 and gcc version 3.3.3 to compile the following
> foo.C :
> ...
> The compiler does'nt show any warning and when executed prints:
> 
> n=1 x=5.000000
> 
> missing the "-" sign.

You're seeing the same bug that was reported here
<http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-03/msg00342.html> and forwarded to
the newlib list here
<http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2005/msg00173.html>, currently with no
replies.  It's a newlib problem, so make noise over there.  I'm sure
they'd love a patch to fix it.  :)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/