Subject: Re: Different df -k output if done via ssh and bash prompt
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:35:35 -0800

Steven Hartland wrote:
> 
> I'm out of ideas why I could possibly get different output from
> df -k when working on the glass in a bash session from that
> when connected via ssh.
> 
> I've done the silly test ( create a file from bash ) it exists when
> logging in via ssh so yes they are the same machine.

Wild guess, but are any disk quotas in effect?  Perhaps the SYSTEM
account (which sshd runs as before impersonating the user account) has a
quota associcated with it.  Though I would think the impersonation would
cause the quota of the user account to be in effect, but I don't know
the details of how sshd switches user contexts.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/