Subject: Re: FTP Problems --- Can't type password
From: Andy France <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:47:10 +1200

[email-masked] wrote on 20/03/2005 13:36:03:

> Everytime I try to ftp to a server when I attempt to
> type any password a new line magically happens the
> moment I touch any key on the keypad.  Can someone
> assist in fixing this problem? (Cygwin 1.5.13.1).

> Thanks.

> Regards,
> Auteria W. Winzer Jr.

This is probably the issue with the Windows FTP.EXE program vs the Cygwin
TTY.

Please install the inetutils package using setup.exe to get the Cygwin
version of ftp (plus telnet and others too!).

HTH,
Andy.

#####################################################################################

This email is intended for the person to whom it is addressed
only. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy
or use the contents in any way. The opinions expressed may not
necessarily reflect those of ZESPRI Group of Companies ('ZESPRI').

While every effort has been made to verify the information
contained herein, ZESPRI does not make any representations 
as to the accuracy of the information or to the performance
of any data, information or the products mentioned herein.
ZESPRI will not accept liability for any losses, damage or
consequence, however, resulting directly or indirectly from
the use of this e-mail/attachments.
#####################################################################################

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/