Subject: Re: g++ & rand() in Cygwin
From: Nathan Sidwell <[email-masked]>
To: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alex Vinokur <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:02:44 +0000

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Alex Vinokur wrote:

>> First pseuso-random number is 0.

Random nnumber generators generally need to be seeded with a random
seed.  This naively strange behaviour allows you to get consistent
sequences of random numbers, which is generally necessary for regression
testing and debugging.

nathan

-- 
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::     CodeSourcery LLC
[email-masked]    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/