Subject: Re: How To use gdb??
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:47:56 -0800

JS wrote:

> Is there a group for gdb? The gdb I have installed with Cygwin don't
> recognize any of the commands in the tutorial you send a link to.

There are a number of gdb lists:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/mailing-lists/>

I'm not sure what your exact setup is but I do know that all the
commands in the gdb manual work just fine with Cygwin's gdb, at least
when used with a binary made with the gnu toolchain (gcc, binutils,
etc.)  If you're trying to debug a binary from another toolchain the
debug information might be in a format that gdb doesn't understand, but
you should still be able to at least step through instructions.  In any
case it sounds like you should ask on the gdb list.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/