Subject: Re: Misc in Setup
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:03:28 -0800

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 10:40:44PM -0600, Alec Mihailovs wrote:
> Just out of curiosity. Starting setup, I always have the following entry in 
> Misc,
> 
> 2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2-15-2.2.15-1 Keep 
> n/a n/a libopenldap2-2-15.
> 
> Since it is the only entry in Misc, couldn't it be moved to some other 
> place (with, probably, a better version number)?
> 
> Alec 

That's a bogus package resulting from a poorly formated package name
quite some time ago.

Perhaps the next cygwin release could have a postinstall script that
axes that out of /etc/setup/installed.db.  Or cygcheck and setup
could be changed to ignore it.

Just thoughts, no code.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/