Subject: sshd.exe unable to locate ... cygcrypt-0.dll
From: Lester Ingber <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:30:35 -0800

Under XP Pro I have all current cygwin components installed.  For about 
the last week ot so, every time I boot, *before* I even log in as any 
user, a warning window pops up with something to the effect in the title 
bar:
sshd.exe - Unable to Locate Component
and the window contains something to the effect:
The application has failed to start because cygcrypt-0.dll was not found.

/bin/cygcrypt-0.dll does exists.

I do not see any cygwin utilities in my startup folder and have not 
introduced an special .bat commands, etc.  I do not understand why any 
of these utilties are being loaded even before pulling up cygwin, much 
less before logging in.

Three times I have Reinstalled all cygwin components that I think have 
reinstalled everything to do with ssh and crypt (the last time I even 
Reinstalled base), but nothing helps.

I have cygwin on two Thinkpads/XP Pro, and only one machine is having 
this problem.

Thanks.

Lester

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/