Subject: Re: Two patches for cygwin build of 1.4.1rc2
From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
To: Volker Quetschke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:33:01 +0100

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:34:48 -0500, Volker Quetschke said:

> Thanks, but as the dll location is defined by the cygwin installation
> (cf. www.cygwin.com) nothing except 1., 2. and 6. is an option.

So what you are saying is that cygin passes a full filename to
LoadModule and uses its own logic to find that module?  Then they
should also have a standard directory to look for or Cygwin is
severly broken.

> This will never happen for the cygwin distribution. The dll lives in
> <cygwin main directory>/bin. Period. This was deliberately chosen in the
> past and will most propably not change to please one package.

Sorry I don't understand: You say that there is a fixed location to
look for DLLs and in particular for the cygwin DLL.  Where is the
problem then?  GnuPG does not know about this DLL; the cygwin
toolchain adds the code to load that DLL.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/