Subject: Re: Whois and Afrinic.net
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:18:38 -0800

Joel Rubin wrote:

> I don't whether it would be feasible to put Afrinic IP's into
> *nix/cygwin whois or if it would be better to look for a referal in
> the ARIN/RIPE entry.

This is not the place to ask.  You should ask the upstream
author/maintainer(s) of the whois program (md <at> linux <dot> it),
because the whois in Cygwin is the same version that's used on other
*nixes, i.e. it's not Cygwin-specific.

http://directory.fsf.org/network/whois.html

That said it would appear that the Cygwin-packaged whois is several
versions older than the current version (and it doesn't use the proper
FHS dirs) so it wouldn't hurt to have a refresh.  The problem you're
talking about may be already fixed - you should check the release notes
for the upstream packages.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/