Subject: Re: cygwin1-2005-03-08.dll-1: access violation - cygcheck-svr.txt [1/1]
From: David Rothenberger <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Schulman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:06:55 -0800

On 3/9/2005 12:23 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> I'm running autossh-1.2g-4 with cygwin1-2005-03-08.dll-1.  autossh has 
> been quite stable for me with versions of cygwin1.dll up to and 
> including 1.5.12-1.  But with 1.5.13 and later snapshots, it crashes 
> reliably 5 minutes after starting, right at the time when it wakes up to 
> do some polling of its child ssh process.

I've also been having some autossh crashes, although mine are 
intermittent. The stackdump file I get is similar to yours in that it 
indicates a crash in autossh.exe and not cygwin1.dll. I've since built 
an autossh with debugging symbols, so I can make some sense of the 
stackdump, but my autossh hasn't crashed yet.

It might be helpful for you to build an autossh with debugging symbols 
and then run addr2line on the stackdump, since you're able to reproduce 
this problem so easily.

-- 
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> [email-masked]
GPG/PGP: 0x7F67E734, C233 365A 25EF 2C5F C8E1 43DF B44F BA26 7F67 E734

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/