Subject: Re: Question !
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:01:15 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Is cygwin runs on Windows 2003. We are having problem in running cron.
> Thoughts ????????

The very second paragraph on the front page of cygwin.com says "The
Cygwin DLL works with all non-beta, non "release candidate", ix86 32 bit
versions of Windows since Windows 95, with the exception of Windows
CE.".  So yes Cygwin and cron are fully supported with 2k3.

You should read /usr/share/doc/cygwin/cron.README and use the
/usr/bin/cron-config script to install the service.

If you cannot get it working then you should post a problem report as
instructed at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, which at the minimum
would include the exact steps you used to install the cron service, how
you tested it (cronjob used, expected result, error messages from the
event log and log files, etc), cygcheck output, and so on.

A message saying simply "cron does not work" will likely get no
responses.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/