Subject: Re: "cannot set time" on FAT32 - after installing cygwin-1.5.13-1
From: "Christian Carey" <[email-masked]>
To: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:29:10 -0500

Hello Corinna,

> I've reproduced the effect (this only happens on 9x/ME)
> and I've checked in a fix.  Please try the next Cygwin
> developers snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

the 2005-Mar-08 snapshot fixed the problem for me, under Windows 98 SE.

I'd experienced the same problem as Jacek had, though I'd encountered it
by running wget or touch. For others who might be in a similar situation,
note that I had to run a non-Cygwin bzip2 [I'd used the one at
http://www.bzip.org/1.0.2/bzip2-102-x86-win32.exe ] to decompress the
snapshot, since this bug produced a "Permission denied" error within the
Cygwin bzip2, which prevented the decompression of the snapshot...

Thank you for the prompt fix!

Chris.
-- 
Christian Carey

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/