Subject: Slow pipes after upgrade cygwin 1.5.12-1 -> 1.5.13-1
From: Rainer Emrich <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:23:50 +0100

Problem description:
Having a background job running, even in the lowest priority (low),
execution of pipes is extremly slow. Everything else seems to run fine.

That's really weired, because at cygwin startup all scripts in
/etc/profile.d are sourced, which are using a lot of pipes. That results
in cygwin startup time up to minutes, if you have a lot of packages
installed.

Any idea, workaround?

Rainer

P.S.
Pease cc me, I'm not on the list.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/