Subject: Re: Cygwin (current): Bug in how managed mounts handle reserved words
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: Nicholas Wourms <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 13:02:48 -0800

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

> I've discovered a small bug in how Cygwin (CVS HEAD as of Saturday) handles reserved dos names created on managed mounts.  I discovered this while working with a FreeBSD cross-compiler (actually CVS discovered it).  Rather then bore you with my hypothesis, so here's the details:
> ...

It looks like the code was munging the upper case characters but missed
the leading "con.":

mount_info::conv_to_win32_path: src_path
/usr/src2/test/cygwin-src/freebsd-src/sys/dev/digi/con.CX-IBM.h, dst
C:\Cygnus\cygwin\usr\src2\test\cygwin-src\freebsd-src\sys\dev\digi\con.%43%58-%49%42%4D.h,
flags 0x80A, rc 0

When I tried to reproduce it, I used a filename with all lowercase and
it did munge the "con", so it would seem the uppercase chars was the
problem:

mount_info::conv_to_win32_path: src_path
/usr/src/managed/con.lowercase.h, dst
c:\cygwin\usr\src\managed\%63on.lowercase.h, flags 0x80A, rc 0

...

Nevermind, looks like cgf just checked in a fix:
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2005-q1/msg00174.html>

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/