Subject: Re: installing cygwin (for C++)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 12:13:33 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:

>  Thanks a lot for the reply.I installed everything in the "Devel" category.
>  However,when I try to compile a cpp file using "g++ filename.cpp" Iam
> getting the following error:
> 
>  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
> cannot
> find -luser32
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> 
>  can you plz help me out with this.

As the package search reveals (try using it!) you need the w32api
package.

However, this package is listed as a dependency of gcc so it should have
been selected when you selected gcc.  Perhaps you used setup in such as
way as to override its choices, which is not a good idea.  If setup
picks packages that you think you don't need when you select something
that you do need, keep those selections.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/