Subject: Re: how do I know I already havr firewall, and how to set up down
From: "David Dindorp" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "shih lin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:30:30 +0100

First step is to go somewhere else.

This is the wrong place for your issues, and you've already been told.
Persisting to post irrelevant questions here will only make people
ignore you and/or hate your guts.

Trust me.  It's an evil gang in here, and they will make you suffer.

Support for Microsoft products such as the Windows XP firewall usually
takes places on the public Microsoft newsgroups.  Try
microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewalls.

Use Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird or any other newsreader,
and msnews.microsoft.com as your news server.  Don't hesitate to
contact your ISP if you can't make it work.

When you post your first mail, copy/paste the output from
"netsh firewall show state" and "netsh firewall show config".
That should give volunteers enough information to help you.

shih lin wrote:
> in window xp home ed, it have a red heart with white cross on it , it
> seem is firewall is down.  but I do not quite trust that, can I check
> from cygwin(or linux) 

> how do I know I already havr firewall, and how to set up down

> eric

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/