Subject: Re: Visual Studio & Cygwin dlls
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:59:03 -0800

Sangita Mohan wrote:
> 
> I am trying to use the OpenLDAP client library from my VC++ code.
> 
> I downloaded the Cygwin OpenLDAP dlls and header files. I used a utility
> called implib32 to generate lib files for the dlls.
> 
> I linked the project to use the OpenLDAP lib files. However it doesn't
> build. I get the following errors

You should start by reading <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC102>. 
This describes a method for linking to cygwin1.dll from VC.  While
you're talking about OpenLDAP, remember that it is a Cygwin library and
thus depends on the Cygwin environment and cygwin1.dll, so you'll
probably have to initialize the Cygwin CRT as described in the link. 
Also remember that Cygwin provies its own CRT which is mutally exclusive
with MSVCRT, so don't even bother trying to mix the two.

Finally also remember that linking to Cygwin1.dll means your app must be
licensed under the GPL (or another OSI-approved license.)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/