Subject: Re: select/listen (win xp sp1) bug, due to Windows login somehow.
From: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Bryan O'Donoghue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:16:10 +0100

On Feb 28 18:00, Dave Korn wrote:
> >From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Bryan O'Donoghue 
> > However, if you do start the login process and poll programatically/by
> > hand the service to return data, you should notice as I have that
> > roughly 1-2 seconds before the full login, to the Windows desktop, that
> > the process stops accepting connections, 
> 
>   My bet is that you have personal firewall software installed, and that
> time is the particular point in userinit at which it (or it's management
> interface) gets cranked up, and that is what is somehow causeing the
> breakage.  Am I close?

I have the XP SP2 firewall active but couldn't verify the described
problem.

> > /* Functions */
> > static void mainThread(void*arg){
> 
>   I'd recommend you don't do that.  Send code as an attachment instead, to
> prevent it getting line-wrapped.  Nobody wants to spend ages fixing text
> strings that have now been broken in the middle and are causing errors, or
> trailing ends of c++ style // comments that have been wrapped onto new
> lines; if you really want someone to try your testcase, they need to be able
> to have it build OOTB.

I tried it nevertheless.  I logged out and in a couple of times.
No problem here, neither on 1.5.12 nor on current CVS.

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader          mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/