Subject: Re: Controlling permissions of scp files on Windows
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:28:02 -0800

Dori wrote:

> I am having a tough time figuring out how to automatically change the
> permissions of files that are scp-ed over to a Windows 2003 Server
> machine that's running Cygwin sshd. The files come out with
> permissions of 644, and I need them to be 666. Is there a way to do
> this without having to run a chmod on the files afterwards (even 664
> if I can figure out how to have "everyone" be the group).

If they are 644 at the source machine then just use -p flag to scp,
which preserves times and modes.

You could also try running sshd service with CYGWIN=nontsec set.  Not
sure if that will work right or not though.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/