Subject: Cygwin preserving filenames ending in period
From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:08:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I've just discovered that Cygwin does not preserve filenames ending in
a period, and treats the filenames with and without the period as
identical. This is contrary to other linux systems.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/software/SaVi/building-1.2/

describes the problem; a file named 'Makefile_defs.' was created by
cvs, but eventually got packaged up as 'Makefile_defs' causing build
errors on platforms other than Cygwin.

Why does Cygwin do this?

thanks,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/