Subject: Re: Installing Perl modules with "perl -MCPAN -e shell;" fails with "02packages.details.txt.gz does not contain a Line-Count header"
From: Stephan Petersen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:34:50 +0100

Hi David,

>>Please check the validity of the index file by comparing it to more
>>than one CPAN mirror.
> 
> Have you tried this?  E.g. configured CPAN to use another mirror and tried
> again?

yes, it's the same for every CPAN mirror I've tried. I've deleted CPAN's
config.pm and my .cpan directory several times now, it's the same after
every reconfiguration.

Testing 02packages.details.txt.gz with gzip -t reports:
gzip: 02packages.details.txt.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated

Same with 03modlist.data.gz.

I'm using cygwin on W2k with default text file type "DOS", in case
that's relevant.

Stephan

-- 
Stephan Petersen [email-masked]

Visit GTT's Technical Thermochemistry Web Page at
http://www.gtt-technologies.de/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/