Subject: Re: how to install apache with perl on cygwin
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:29:44 -0800

Erwin wrote:

> Hi all I'm a newbia in cygwin. Thus sorry for my simple question.
> 
> I've installed cygwin on WinXP SP2 and all its packages needed to run apache
> and perl, because I need to run cgi:irc on my windows.
> 
> My problem I used the "How to install" documentation from
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/getwet.html and didnt come out
> successful. So anyone know where can I find documentation for installing
> apache and perl on cygwin?

There's a huge difference between running perl in the normal CGI way and
running mod_perl.  As far as I know mod_perl has not been ported to
cygwin and would require a great deal of effort to get working. 
However, if you just want to run perl CGI scripts you don't have to do
anything special, just run the script as a CGI and have the normal
"#!/usr/bin/perl" shebang.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/