Subject: Re: apache start problem
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:53:02 -0800

Dou Wen wrote:
> 
> hi,
> i follow the /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/apache-1.3.29-1.README  and get the
> following error, it seem 1.3.33 does not recognize the EAPI rule ,

That's because it has to be patched for EAPI.  But you don't need to
build from source, so don't bother.  The thing that Igor was trying to
point out was how to install Apache as a service, which is how it should
be run under Cygwin.  (Don't use apachectl, use "net start"/"net stop"
or cygrunsrv.)

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/