Subject: Re: TEST release of SWIG: 1.3.24-1 (Attention SWIG users!)
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:00:57 -0800

zzapper wrote:

> >I have uploaded SWIG 1.3.24 as a TEST release.
> >
> Is Swig something to do with drinking alcohol <G>?
> 
> from the TFSRCPUTIAGITPABSOTPITUP
> (The Friendly Society for Reminding CYGWIN Package Updaters That It's A Good Idea To Put A Brief
> Synopsis Of Their Package In Their Update Postings)

If you don't know what it stands for then you're probably not a user of
it, and thus not the intended audience of the message, since he was
asking those that use it to try the new version.

That said I agree that package announcements should contain a brief
description of the package.  But this was not posted to cygwin-announce
so it's not an official package announcement per se.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/