Subject: Re: OpenGL problem
From: André Bleau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:02:39 -0500

>From: Denis Roegel <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>CC: Denis Roegel <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: OpenGL problem
>Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:36:00 +0100
>
>Dear André,

Hi Denis,

>
>I did not mean to offend you, but I have written (as you suggested
>a year ago) to [email-masked], and then Larry Hall suggested to use
>cygwin-apps. Maybe you didn't read the message because it was
>lost after the server problems.
>

No offense taken.

I've read both of your 2 messages to cygwin at cygwin.com and the one you 
sent to cygwin-apps at cygwin.com. I replied to all of them, in their 
respective mailing list:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-02/msg00408.html
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-02/msg00409.html
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2005-02/msg00024.html

What Larry meant is that if you find a packaging error in the OpenGL 
package, that is, if the package does not respect the layout required for 
Cygwin's packages, you should report it to the cygwin-apps list. If you have 
any other sort of trouble with the OpenGL package, report it to the main 
cygwin list.

>Now, I also apologize for writing to you directly, but although
>I am subscribed to cygwin-apps, I didn't receive the message
>to which I am now replying. I only found it on the web.
>This is why I thought it better to reply directly to you.
>

This is really surprising. If you are subscribed to the list, you should 
receive all messages sent to it. If not, you should inquire with the list 
manager. If your email connection with Cygwin's lists is unreliable, I 
suggest that you add the following line to messages you send to the lists:

"Please CC your response to this message directly to my address."

I never reply directly to people sending messages to lists, unless they 
require it explicitely.

>I have been subscribed to the cygwin list, and now instead
>to the cygwin-apps list. Should I return to the main cygwin list?

Yes.

>I am confused...
>
>If you can solve the problem, I would be very thankful, as I have
>had it for a year. None of my complex programs using tessellation
>seem to work on cygwin (and also apparently not on some other
>Windows environment, from what my students tell me).
>On the other hand, I have the feeling that I am the only one
>on Earth needing such features, or somehow nobody is trying tessellation
>with cygwin.
>
>Denis
>

The "solution" to your problem was in my reply to your original message to 
the cygwin list:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-02/msg00408.html

Regarding tessallation and Cygwin, the tess.c sample program about which you 
wrote to me last year works reliably on Cygwin. Your new program doesn't, 
but as outlined in message msg00408, it is because of a programming error. 
Please try the suggestions in that message, and if you have other problems 
that are specific to OpenGL under Cygwin, write about it to the cygwin list.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer

_________________________________________________________________
Partagez une seule photo ou un diaporama complet dans MSN Messenger. 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=fr-ca&page=features/messenger Commencez dès 
maintenant à profiter de tous les avantages de MSN Premium et obtenez les 
deux premiers mois GRATUITS*.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/