Subject: Re: Setup.exe 2.457.2.2: spin button won't allow me to reinstall coreutils
From: "Thomas Nilsson" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:11:49 +0100

"Reini Urban" <[email-masked]> skrev i meddelandet 
news:[email-masked]...
> Steve Munson schrieb:
>> Installing the newest version of cygutils (1.2.6-1) removed
>> /bin/readlink, as explained in the ChangeLog entry for 1/31/05. I
>> thought the remedy would be to reinstall coreutils (5.2.1-5), which
>> cygcheck now reported as incomplete. However, setup.exe refused to
>> reinstall it. The spin button only presented the options to Keep 
>> and
>> Uninstall, no matter which view I used. Finally, I used the spin 
>> button
>> on the Base category in the Category view to select Reinstall for 
>> the
>> whole category, and then selected Keep for the rest of the packages 
>> in
>> the Base category individually. Clicking the Next button displayed 
>> a
>> message box with this error:
>>
>> Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception
>> Thread: install
>> Type: St16invalid_argument
>> Message: URL Scheme not registered!
>
> Thanks for the report.
> Filed as bug #717
> http://sources.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=717
> -- 
> Reini Urban
>
>

The above problem seems akin to the following which I encountered.

cygcheck reported shellutils and xpm as Incomplete. I tried to 
Reinstall them but only Remove and Keep was available. Selected 
Reinstall on the whole cathegory (Misc). Running that displayed a 
dialog box with the message: "Can't open (null) for reading. No such 
file."

Setup.exe is 2.457.2.2

Solved my problem by clicking OK. This lead to someother packages 
being Incomplete but these did Reinstall second time around.

/Thomas

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/