Subject: Searching the archives was: Stable and Unstable Install Trees
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:35:32 -0800

"Phillips, James R" wrote:

> Sorry if this has been discussed before, but the mailing list search fuction is currently not available.

I keep seeing people post this, but they don't seem to realise that the
list is archived in many places and the htdig search on cygwin.com was
never very good anyway.  You can search the list at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cygwin
http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=cygwin
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin

...or by using a google search for "site:cygwin.com inurl:ml foo" where
foo is your search query.  You can even search by year by adding
"inurl:2004" to search only 2004.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/