Subject: Re: Building Perl modules
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Olaf Föllinger <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:38:23 +0100

Olaf Föllinger wrote:

>>>>A snippet of the errors:
>>>>
>>>>gcc -c   -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe 
>>>>-I/usr/local/include -DUSEIMPORTLIB -O3   -DVERSION=\"3.45\" 
>>>>-DXS_VERSION=\"3.45\"  "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/CORE"  
>>>>-DMARKED_SECTION Parser.c
>>>>Parser.xs:18:20: EXTERN.h: No such file or directory
>>>>Parser.xs:19:18: perl.h: No such file or directory
>>>>Parser.xs:20:18: XSUB.h: No such file or directory
>>>>Parser.xs:30:24: patchlevel.h: No such file or directory
> 
> 
> All the missing files reside here in
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/cygwin-thread-multi-64int/CORE. Maybe this path is
> the right one for your inlcude section. The path mentioned above doesn't
> exist here.

In perl-5.8.6 the path changed to /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/CORE,
however there are already modules included in the distribution,
e.g. XML::Parser and those compiled ok during the build.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/