Subject: Re: perl & Win32 lib support
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:31:49 -0800

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 06:42:21PM -0800, linda w wrote:
> I thought there had been a fix in the works for this problem -- I
> wanted to write a program using cygwin perl to access/modify the Registry.
> 
> When I load the Win32 package from cpan and try building it, I get
> a familiar error message "IsWinNT" is undefined, so building and
> installing cpan registry access routines isn't possible. 
> 
> Is there something else that would break if "IsWinNT" is set to
> "true" if the underlying OS is NT based (or IsWin95 for Win9x/Me)?
> 
> I might be able to use ActiveState's Perl, but it doesn't play
> so well with CPAN and doesn't seem to handle Cygwin paths very well
> either.
> 
> Was there a work-around for this?

Upgrade to perl5.8.6, which addresses the IsWinNT-missing problem.
Also, I believe Reini will be releasing a new version of perl-libwin32
real soon now.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/