Subject: Re: How to start a Win gui app on remote server
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 02:37:38 -0800

Alexander Polson wrote:

> I would like to execute a command via ssh on a remote Win2000 machine
> (with cygwin and ssh server working OK). Then the gui app must start up
> interactively in a specified Windows directory.
> 
> I found the closest reference to this in the archives under "How to
> launch gui app from cron", but could have missed a closer topic.
> 
> I tried the direct command: ssh user@remote_host
> /cygdrive/c/path/program.exe, which starts up program.exe, but in
> non-interactive / invisible way.

When you install the sshd service on the remote machine, it will require
the "--interactive" flag to cygrunsrv if it is to launch GUI apps. 
Perhaps the easiest way to accomplish this is to remove the sshd
service, edit ssh-host-config to include the flag on the install line
(cygrunsrv -I sshd ... ) and re-run ssh-host-config to reinstall the
service.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/