Subject: Re: errors during setup
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:39:37 -0800

Arthur Arapetian wrote:

> I got errors during installation and ssh setup. One error repeated itself several times during the final phase of the instalation.
> 
> "entry point _fopen64 link could not be located in cygwin1.dll"
> 
> the other message appeared during the ssh setup.
> 
> "entry point _getreent could not be located in the dynamic library cygwin1.dll"
> 
> 
> I have tried reinstalling, installing from the scratch and in all three cases I get the same error messages.
> I am running Windows XP proffessional on a pentium 3 machine.

It sounds like you have an older copy of cygwin1.dll on your system,
from some other piece of software.  Please read and follow the
instructions at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, especially the part
about attaching cygcheck output.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/