Subject: Re: GCC linking problem
From: Brian Dessent <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:10:26 -0800

Base64 wrote:

> I have just installed cygwin along with make,crypt, libcrypt, openssh,
> openssl-devel and gcc.  When compiling code that is known to work with
> cygwin, the linker says it cannot find -lssh.  I have googled to the
> end of the results for 2 days now, and any help would be much
> appreciated.  Here is the kind of error i get anytime a make attempts
> to do gcc -lssh, or if i run "gcc -lssh" alone.
> 
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.1/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lssh
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

There's no such thing as "libssh".  The two libraries that comprise
OpenSSL are libssl and libcrypto.

Brian

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/